Customer Safety Factsheet
Le Chamarel Restaurant has implemented strict hygiene policies and protocols in accordance with recommendations from the below organisations.
To ensure strict hygiene and cleanliness standards, Le Chamarel Restaurant is undertaking the Feel Safe label certification. Feel Safe is a label developed by Laboratoire International de Bio Analyse (LIBA) that verifies that the measures implemented in relation to hygiene, disinfection and safety practices are in conformity with the quality systems and procedures in place and in line with local and international standards as recommended by recognised institutions.
These safety measures apply to our employees, customers and partners and it is important that we respect all sanitary procedures to uphold our clean and safe environment. This guide will help you visit our panoramic restaurant without any apprehension.
EMPLOYEES AWARENESS AND ENGAGEMENT
- Our team members are regularly trained on Safety Measures in accordance with recommendations from National and International Health organisations.
- We ensure strict respect of all sanitary and hygiene protocols for cleaning and sanitisation of offices, workstations and all other touchpoints.
- Regular Medical Check-ups of our team members are conducted; Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and sanitary supplies are provided.
- Well-defined protocols will be followed in case of fever symptoms at workplace.
- We strongly recommend booking your table through www.lechamarelrestaurant.mu, Email, direct phone (+230 483 4421) and our partner Island Rez (+230 202 6660). E-Vouchers will be accepted.
- Customers must wait in the lobby for a waiter to guide them inside the restaurant to their table.
- Welcoming will respect social distancing norms.
- A mask will be mandatory; should customers not have one, it will be available for sale at our reception.
- Your temperature will be checked prior to entering.
- Sanitary gel will be provided.
- Markings on the floor must be respected.
- Briefings on safety measures are conducted outside the restaurant prior to entrance.
- Please maintain social distancing at least 1 metre during the briefing.
- Follow instructions and floor markings where indicated.
INSIDE THE RESTAURANT
- Tables have been reduced to maintain Social Distancing norms in the restaurant.
- Tables are sanitized before and after each usage.
- Our restaurant staff wear mask and gloves.
- Nothing is placed on the table until the guest is seated to place his order.
- Disposable napkins are provided.
- We have removed napkins and placemats from our tables.
- Our laminated menus and bill folders are sanitized after each use.
- Our menu is also accessible online by scanning with your phone camera the QR code you will find on the Table Talker.
- A sign is placed on tables to inform guests that the table has already been sanitized.
- Sanigel dispensers are available in the restaurant for guests’ usage.
PLACING FOOD / DRINKS ORDER
- Our waiter will take your order standing at a distance of 1 metre from the table.
- Your order is prepared and sent to serving pass.
- The waiter places the cutlery, plates and drinks as well as disposable towels on the restaurant table once order is placed.
- The waiter collects the dishes from the kitchen and places them on the customer’s table; the customers serve themselves.
- A maximum of 5 customers at the bar is allowed – ensuring that social distancing is respected.
- A selection of locally brewed rums, jams and Le Chamarel Coffee is available at our retail corner.
- Please seek our team’s assistance should you wish to have more information on or wish to purchase specific products.
- Shelves and exposed products are cleaned and disinfected regularly by our team.
- We encourage credit card and contactless payment.
- We avoid handing printed receipts; it will be as per your request either destroyed and thrown in closed bin or should you request for it, be handed to you while providing hand sanitizer.
- Credit Card Machines will be disinfected before and after use by our team.
- Hand sanitizer use is recommended before and after any payment.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth during cash handling and we suggest hand washing after all cash transactions.
- Washrooms are cleaned and disinfected frequently as per new hygiene norms.
- Customers must maintain social distancing if waiting in the queue for washroom toilets (maximum capacity of 2 persons at a time).
- Bins will be readily available; please use them for disposal of used tissues and other waste.